Mains Voltage Adjustment

Depending on the load of the mains supply transformer, incoming power to the inverters may be either higher or lower than manufacturer’s specifications. A lightly loaded transformer tends to output slightly higher voltage than specified while a heavily loaded secondary tends to be under voltage. Check the actual mains voltage and compare it to the transformer secondary specification if the inverters continually fault trip on either high or low buss voltage.

A problem with 3 phase mains supply voltage can be easily and economically corrected using 2 low KVA “Buck-Boost” transformers. These transformers generally have a pair of 5% secondary windings that can be connected for increase or decrease by either 5% or 10%. Follow the wiring diagrams of Fig. AA through Fig GG to connect them either Y or Delta.

Transformer Connection Diagrams
Source: www.acmepowerdist.com

Right click and save target as:
Mains Voltage Adjustment.pdf
Technical questions? Contact us